Felíz Navidad & Próspero Año Nuevo 2011
Another year has passed us by, yet we remain determined for a New Year full of promising endeavours. When is it our time? Every year we reckon our efforts. When is it the year? Every year ends with a hopeful note, as we welcome it enthusiastically. Is it now?
I say, every year ends with a sweet taste in our mouths and I mean sweetly whisked away within all the right ingredients that make us enjoy our own sauce. Cooking is an art, and by art I am referring to creativity to detail. Now it also includes healthy choices and more importantly, reputable sources.
Organic is reaching the mainstream menu, Gluten-free is next and trans fats must be avoided. Omega-3 fatty acids have taken over our dairies and fatty acid oils are available on the shelves everywhere.
Which one to choose from?
So many diet programs include them such as Dr. Atkins, The South Beach diet, the 12-day Wild Rose detox one and let's not forget the ever popular Jenny Craig. All of them reputable and interesting choices within your own faith.
I just read about "The Instinct Diet" which combines nutrition and psychiatry. Dr. Susan B. Roberts researched for over 20 years, "why we eat what we eat." Have you heard of the old cliché "we are what we eat." Well, realistically, it's within all of us to discover that and analyze 'why we are really eating.'
Next time you stop at the supermarket, a restaurant, a fast food counter or even at a family or friend's house, let's think about 'why we are eating that.' By all means, do enjoy and no regrets, but knowing "why we eat it" is as important as any diets out there.
This is that year… again, right? Lose 20-30-40 pounds in a month or two, or even three. Have to get there no matter what. I am going through that phase within my own circle and believe me, I expect to identify the culprit, the one deterrent to a 'well eating habit life' yet.
I say live 'an active life.' By all means, eat well, slowdown from that fast paced environment, take a breather, a break, it is hugely important. Stay focus, but do rest even in between exercises. I know you have your own motto. Do apply it!
And enjoy the festivities!
iChefJr
In the spirit of New World and Latin Fusion Cuisine!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your message. Your opinion is very important to improve this blog. / Gracias por tu mensaje. Tu opinión es muy importante para mejorar esta bitácora.