It's a beautiful sunshine spring wednesday in Toronto (Canada) and I'm heading out for a visit to St. Lawrence Market to find the freshest Two Pound lobsters, crab claws and legs, tiger shrimp, clams and a couple of dozen blue oysters that my Canadian pesos can buy. Sorry... I know most of our economies are hurting, and it may be a little too much craving, but I am not settling down for Clam Chowder this upcoming Victoria Day holiday weekend, Mum!
Of course... I am planning to make it with under $50. Good luck, amigo... probably only 1 lobster and 6 oysters! But we got to give it a try. I am not willing to compromise quantity for quality, so, that'll do!
But first and foremost... for those who are not familiar with what happens on May 18th Victoria weekend in Canada, except that is a "long weekend", let me share some extensive research I did about this celebration to bring you up-to-date. "The holiday is coloquially known as May two-four in some parts of Canada; a double entendre that refers both to the date on which the holiday usually falls (24 May) and the Canadian slang for a case of 24 beers (a "two-four"), a drink popular during the long weekend." Wikipedia
There you go. This year falls on the 18th, and yeah.... it's cottage opening season, and East Lobster Feast season, and Queen Victoria's birthday too! That's all you need to know. I'll share my shopping experience on friday morning. Until then... bottoms up and be safe. Don't drink and drive!
So, let's see what happen in a few days brocoli.
ReplyDelete